Our founder, James Pearl Anderson (left) began practicing land surveying in Kansas City in 1919 after WWI. He continued to develop his surveying knowledge by working for the top firms in the area on projects like Bagnell Dam and the Lake of the Ozarks. In 1946 he formed Anderson Survey Company with his two sons, Robert and Oliver, following their active duty in WWII.
After James Pearl's death in 1948, his two sons took over and through their leadership Anderson Survey Company soon developed into one of the top surveying firms in the Midwest. With the death of Robert in 1964 and Oliver In 1983, the company's leadership changed to Oliver's son and daughter, James S Anderson and Jeanette K Dennis. As president of Anderson Survey Company, James further developed the company into one of the most respected land survey company in the region.
James S Anderson was appointed to the board of Architects, Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors and was the first surveyor to be appointed to the board of Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors and Landscape Architects (new name).
Mr. Anderson is committed to providing the best quality services, utilizing current technology without sacrificing the profession's traditional principles and values.
We offer a variety of services both residential and commerical.