Land surveying is the cornerstone of Anderson Survey Company's practice. Often misunderstood, the act of surveying may appear simple, but the actual task is infinitely more complex. The early days of transits, rods and chains gave way to total stations, GPS equipment and AutoCAD. Today's surveyor must be familiar with technical procedures, as well as the legal aspects of real property boundaries.
In the early 1800's the state of Missouri was invaded by a hardy, tough group of men. They were government surveyors assigned the staggering task of dividing the State of Missouri into six mile square townships, and those townships into one mile square sections.
Armed with knives and guns, carrying stakes, tapes and compasses; riding horses, mules and wagons they came into hamlets and the hills of south Missouri, the rolling flat lands of the northern part of the state and the streams and rivers. Their measuring and compass readings began to form a checkerboard pattern that stretched the length and width of the entire state. The immensity of their project, and the difficulties of the terrain, made it impossible for those early surveyors to achieve the degree of accuracy mandatory in present day surveying.
This is the initial point, originally set by government surveyors in 1815 and now commemorated with this stone, which represents the point of beginning for which all surveys in Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota and South Dakota are based.
We offer you the best service for the best price.
What determines the best price?
Sometimes the old saying holds true, "you get what you pay for". Our philosophy is that the best price means more than just the lowest price. We believe in quality. And value. And at Anderson Survey Company, you get the best value for your money.
When you choose us you get that value in the form of:
A Highly Experienced Team
- Anderson Survey consists of licensed Professional Land Surveyors, certified Land Surveyors in Training and a knowledgeable team, many with over 30 years of experience.
- Our surveyors are proficient in ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, boundary, construction staking, topographic, design, optical tooling, accident and mining surveys.
Well Respected Professionals
- Former Missouri Governor Bob Holden apppointed Anderson Survey Company President James Anderson as Chiarman of the Missouri Board of Architects, Professional Engineers, Professional Land Surveyors and Landscape Architects -- Missouri's first land surveyor to hold this position.
- Our surveyors participate in and have held positions in professional industry organizations -- many since the early 1970's
Extensive Knowledge of the Kansas City Area
- We are known for our exstensive records of the greater Kansas City area.
- Being in business for more than 60 years, Anderson Survey Company has more than 40,000 surveys at our fingertips.
Recommended in Complicated Boundaries
- Anderson Survey Company is often consulted to reslove complicated boundary problems.
- Anderson surveyors provide expert testimony in boundary dispute cases.
Longevity and Stability
- Clients have the security of working with our firm since we have been in business for over 60 years.
- Many of our staff have more than 25 years invested in Anderson Survey.